Concerns about COVID-19 have many of us worrying about the estate planning we haven’t done. As we can no longer serve our clients with face-to-face meetings, our Virtual Panic-Free Planning Workshops will give you the ability to create legally binding documents to secure some basic estate planning protections:
- naming guardians for minor children,
- naming agents for medical and financial decisions in the event of incapacity, and
- naming executors to carry out the administration of your estate if you pass away.
The process of creating the documents will be conducted via
- download and printing of blank documents and instructions from this website,
- and telephone or video conference (60-90 minute phone call).
You will need (in addition to a telephone, email and web access):
- access to a printer, and
- access to a scanner or ability to take digital photos of documents.
If you do not have a working printer, please contact our office so that we can mail you the documents you need.
We will provide a social distancing protocol for obtaining witness signatures. Witness signatures will maximize the possibility that your documents are legally binding, but your documents can still be signed without witnesses if you are concerned about the level of contact described in the protocol.
Upon completion of this process, you will have the following documents:
- a basic Will,
- a basic Power of Attorney for Financial Affairs (Uniform Statutory Form Power of Attorney), and
- a basic Health Care Power of Attorney (Advance Health Care Directive)
This process is basically the same as the one we’ve used for years in our Panic-Free Planning Workshops. Please note that the Virtual Panic-Free Planning Workshop does not provide the following documents:
- A customized Estate Plan, or
- Probate Avoidance – this plan does NOT include a Revocable (Living) Trust.
Our Virtual Panic-Free Planning Workshops are private and available for either Individuals ($375) or Couples ($450). If our fee for providing this service is of concern to you, please contact us to discuss how we might be able to work together.
To start the process, please schedule an appointment through the links below. You will receive a confirmation email with more instructions and links to download the documents you’ll need:
Please email us if you have any questions.
Note: If you have estate planning documents in place already that you want to amend, these documents may not be appropriate. Please email us if you have questions about whether these documents are right for you.