Spears Shelf Logo1


If someone you love is incapacitated, it’s important to manage their affairs well for them.

If the incapacitated person has a Trust and/or Durable Powers of Attorney, then their affairs will be managed by the people named in – and under the terms of – those documents. We represent Successor Trustees of Trusts and Attorneys in Fact under Powers of Attorney (sometimes called “Agents”) as they take on the management of the incapacitated person’s affairs, and we advise them with respect to their new fiduciary duties, including investment duties, property management duties, and reporting duties, among others.

If the incapacitated person does not have a Trust or Durable Power of Attorney, we can help you manage their affairs under the terms of a court-supervised Conservatorship.